Due to continued growth we are seeking more team members in our Paint Department. Full-time and Full Benefits! Job Description is as follows:
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills
- Read, speak and write the English language
- Work on multiple tasks at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Good housekeeping skills and ability to solve practical problems
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or electronic systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on a given task
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Parts prep including scraping, sanding and grinding
- Assembly of a variety of parts and products
- Loading unloading of product from conveyors and trucks
- Packaging and preparing products for shipment
- Completes documentation and reporting when required
- Use of other department and related equipment as assigned
- Primarily Indoors. Indoor work environments are heated but not air-conditioned. Outdoor work may be required in any season or weather condition.
- Working around industrial equipment. Hearing protection and steel-toe boots with internal Met guard are required
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and walk for prolonged periods of time
- Full range of motion including use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, computer equipment & peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching
- Body senses including, sight, hearing, touch and smell. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus including computer screens and close forms.
- Must have the ability to regularly lift 50 lbs or more.
Experience in equivalent manufacturing related operation is strongly preferred, but not required.
We are proud to employ some of the most talented steel professionals in our industry with wages that exceed our competitors and world-class benefits package. And, through every square foot of our floor, we help our people do better work – and have the best experience.
DeGeest Steel Works is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We require physicals, drug screens and background checks as a condition of employment.
Are you ready to join The Stronger Standard? Apply online!