DeGeest Corporation is a third-generation family owned business with a deep history and a promising future of innovation and excellence in steel manufacturing.
We are rooted in a very simple idea: Do great work and treat people well.
Our 130,000 square foot facility is located in Tea, South Dakota. Leveraging the experience of DeGeest Steel Works teams in wet coat paint, automation, robotics and software, DeGeest Corporation is bringing advanced technology to the finishing industry and making it available for all manufacturers.
As the North American distributor, integrator, manufacturer and technical support for mechanical and software in LestaUSA self-learning painting and finishing robots built for industrial finishing applications, we are poised to advance the paint finishing industry in North America and are building out our production and operations teams.
BE A PART OF A STRONGER STANDARD
We’re setting A Stronger Standard in manufacturing. Our people are our greatest assets and we strive to create fulfilling and meaningful experiences every day. We collaborate. We think. We do. That’s why OEMs with the toughest challenges look to us to solve them. If you want to feel empowered and appreciated, we encourage you to apply. Be part of something greater. Be part of A Stronger Standard and help us live our mission:
To solve challenges and help manufacturers achieve more through our people, our technology, and our belief that anything is possible.
Hourly production, Full-time with benefits
The basic function of the General Production Welder is an entry level welding position. The role of this position is to learn and perform a variety of important general labor duties in one or more welding departments and provide a foundation for a successful career path at DeGeest. Career path for these positions may include promotion to Technician and Specialist roles based on ability.
Welding experience in equivalent manufacturing related operation is strongly preferred, but not required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Good communication skills
- Read, speak and write the English language
- Work on multiple tasks at one time in a fast-paced environment
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Good housekeeping skills and ability to solve practical problems
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or electronic systems
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on a given task
- Ability to apply mathematical skills
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Produce specific finished goods to meet daily production goals/customer driven deadlines. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Parts prep including scraping, sanding and grinding.
- Basic setup and maintenance of welding equipment.
- Basic blueprint reading and drawing interpretation and use.
- Completes documentation and reporting when required.
- Tack/Weld a wide variety of metal parts and products as directed.
- Use of other department systems and fabrication related equipment as assigned.
- Inspect for accuracy and quality. Document and report any discrepancies.
- Promote good housekeeping by cleaning the areas in which they are working.
- Move goods as required to facilitate continued efficient production.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Full range of motion including use of hands to finger, handle or feel objects, computer equipment & peripherals; and bending, reaching, and crouching.
- Body senses including, sight, hearing, touch and smell. Specific vision abilities required.
- include close vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus including computer screens and close forms.
- Must have the ability to regularly lift 50 lbs or more.
Primarily Indoors. Indoor work environments are heated but not air-conditioned. Outdoor work may be required in any season or weather condition.
Working around industrial equipment. Hearing protection and steel-toe boots with internal Met guard are required.
COVID-19 considerations: This position will be working primarily indoors in a smoke-free office environment, but also requires compliance with company and customer safety policies and procedures at all times.
Are you ready to join The Stronger Standard? Apply online!
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
DeGeest Corporation is committed to the principles embodied in the spirit and intent of EEO, AA and Equal Opportunity Employment.
We require physicals, drug screens and background checks as a condition of employment.
Our leadership is committed to creating diverse, universally respectful culture and a workplace that exemplifies the meaning of Stronger Standard.