DeGeest Corporation Seeks Automation Integration & Installation Technician
DeGeest Corporation is a third-generation family owned business with a deep history and a promising future of innovation and excellence in steel manufacturing.
We are rooted in a very simple idea: Do great work and treat people well.
Our 130,000 square foot facility is located in Tea, South Dakota. Leveraging the experience of DeGeest Steel Works teams in wet coat paint, automation, robotics and software, DeGeest Corporation is bringing advanced technology to the finishing industry and making it available for all manufacturers.
As the North American distributor, integrator, manufacturer and technical support for mechanical and software in LestaUSA self-learning painting and finishing robots built for industrial finishing applications, we are poised to advance the paint finishing industry in North America and are adding
members to our installation and testing technical team.
BE A PART OF A STRONGER STANDARD
We’re setting A Stronger Standard in manufacturing. Our people are our greatest assets and we strive to create fulfilling and meaningful experiences every day. We collaborate. We think. We do. That’s why OEMs with the toughest challenges look to us to solve them. If you want to feel empowered and appreciated, we encourage you to apply. Be part of something greater. Be part of A Stronger Standard and help us live our mission:
To solve challenges and help manufacturers achieve more through our people, our technology, and our belief that anything is possible.
The basic function of the Automation Integration and Installation Technician is to participate and add value to the development, assembly, integration, testing, delivery and installation of automated industrial finishing products, systems, and services to new and existing customers.
Deliver superior quality in customer service, training, and support of DeGeest customers, solution partners and co-workers in ways that contribute to the success of common goals.
To serve as a steward of company assets and advocate for and promote the company philosophy and culture.
The Automation Integration and Installation Technician reports to, and is accountable to, the Automation Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined for this position in a satisfactory manner.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and knowledge and ability in industrial automation, robotics or mechanical engineering. One or more years of post-secondary training in a robotics or engineering field.
Preferred: Completion of a 2 or more year post-secondary training program in robotics., electrical engineering or industrial technology. 2-4 years Post-secondary training and certification in robotics, electrical engineering, industrial engineering or industrial technology
Required: Valid Driver’s License, TSA Precheck Eligibility
Required: 1 or more years combined experience and post secondary education in in robotics integration, electronics and/or technical repair, or maintenance of industrial equipment.
Preferred: 2 or more years combined experience and education in robotics integration, electronics and/or technical repair, or maintenance of industrial equipment.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of electronics and electronic control wiring.
- Understanding of PLC controls and coding software.
- Proven skills in automated system repairs.
- Interest and excited by high performing machines (robots, etc).
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Application of good problem-solving skills while under pressure.
- Experience and knowledge of quality manufacturing, engineering, and precision mechanical systems.
- Enthusiastic about working with people in a team environment.
- Commitment to life-long learning and professional improvement.
- Foster a friendly and welcoming relationships with customer and staff.
- Effective time management and tactical approach work prioritization.
- Excellent computer, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications.
- Read, speak, and write the English language.
- Work on multiple tasks and priorities at one time.
- Ability to read various types of prints and layouts.
- Work in a fast-paced environment.
- Work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Practice good housekeeping skills.
- Interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or electronic systems.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to focus on a given task.
- Capable of sustained physical effort while working with light and medium weight components.
This position requires up to 20-40% domestic travel – mostly North America- and may require some intercontinental travel on a less frequent basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Integrate and install robotic finishing systems.
- Mechanical assembly of robotic finishing systems.
- Perform preventative maintenance and repair of installed equipment.
- Field customer service calls and aide in trouble shooting both remotely and on site, if required.
- Follow both verbal and written work instructions; including system build-sheets.
- Follow safe work practices.
- Timely task completion.
- Communication of project status to management at appropriate time.
- Maintain records and prepare reports related to responsibilities and duties.
- Perform other duties as directed by the Automation Manager.
- Follow professional work practices while working under pressure.
- Job Type: Full-time
COVID-19 considerations: This position will be working primarily indoors in a smoke-free office environment, but also requires compliance with company and customer safety policies and procedures at all times.
Are you ready to join The Stronger Standard? Apply online!
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
DeGeest Corporation is committed to the principles embodied in the spirit and intent of EEO, AA and Equal Opportunity Employment.
We require physicals, drug screens and background checks as a condition of employment.
Our leadership is committed to creating diverse, universally respectful culture and a workplace that exemplifies the meaning of Stronger Standard.