The Accounting Specialist is a key role on our finance and administrative team.
The Accounting Specialist will ensure we have effective and efficient financial records and processes in place to accurately create the transactional record that reflects the implementation of strategic initiatives and business operations.
The Accounting Specialist will work closely with the Director of Finance and Administration to create success in all areas of accounting and financial functions. The Accounting Specialist Reports to the Director of Finance and has no direct reports.
We have a highly competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package for this full time, exempt career position.
ACCOUNTING II POSITION INCLUDES:
- transaction identification
- processing and reconciliation in the general ledger
- property, fixed assets and project accounting
BE A PART OF A STRONGER STANDARD
We’re setting A Stronger Standard in manufacturing. Our people are our greatest assets and we strive to create fulfilling and meaningful experiences every day. We collaborate. We think. We do. That’s why OEMs with the toughest challenges look to us to solve them. If you want to feel empowered and appreciated, we encourage you to apply. Be part of something greater. Be part of A Stronger Standard and help us live our mission:
To solve challenges and help manufacturers achieve more through our people, our technology, and our belief that anything is possible.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field*
- 2 or more years of direct experience in performing GAAP compliant accounting duties*
- Demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office, highly skilled in MS Excel.*
Familiar with at least one integrated Financial and Enterprise transaction system.
- Conceptual understanding of financial management of a diversified manufacturing company
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and discretion.
Proven analytical and accuracy skills. Requires attention to detail.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Working knowledge of technical and professional principles and skills of GAAP accounting
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
NOTE: Applications from candidates without these qualifications will not be considered for this position. Applications will remain on file and they may be considered for other positions that may arise in the future.
The following representative list of primary job functions reflects the definition of essential functions for this job. It should not be construed to be comprehensive or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Leadership may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
PRIMARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Prepare and verify daily reports
- Investigate and collect reconciling items
- Prepare and enter general journal entries
- Process expense reports
- Prepare and/or review required multistate sales/use and payroll tax returns
- Monitor established internal controls to assure proper compliance
- Reconcile various balance sheet accounts
- Maintain and record capital investment items and depreciation ledgers
- Process and post weekly payroll
- Maintain employee data, reconcile benefits invoices and liabilities
- Prepare and deliver customer invoices & record customer payments to AR
- Monitor and collect past due accounts
- Serve as backup to AP invoice entry and check processing
- Compile data for monthly reporting
- Assist with year-end filings and reports
- Assist with coordination and preparation for financial audits as required
- Assist in the preparation of annual capital, expense, and activity budgets
- Participate in Continuous Improvement projects
- Engage in ERP implementation efforts as needed
- Other duties as assigned
OTHER SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS
This position is located in Tea, SD.
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
Experience in equivalent manufacturing related operation is strongly preferred, but not required.
We are proud to employ some of the most talented steel professionals in our industry with wages that exceed our competitors and world-class benefits package. And, through every square foot of our floor, we help our people do better work – and have the best experience.
Are you ready to join The Stronger Standard? Apply online!
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
DeGeest Steel Works is committed to the principles embodied in the spirit and intent of EEO, AA and Equal Opportunity Employment.
We require physicals, drug screens and background checks as a condition of employment.
Our leadership is committed to creating diverse, universally respectful culture and a workplace that exemplifies the meaning of Stronger Standard.